Thirty Spencer County 4-H youth participated in the 2022 Kentucky 4-H Shooting Sports Tournament the weekend of September 10-11. Youth from all over the state of KY attended this 2-day event.
Saturday’s events were held at the Bluegrass Sportmen’s League in Wilmore, and included the disciplines of archery, rifle, pistol and black powder. Spencer County 4-H brought home the following trophies:
• 15-18 age division: 2nd place individual won by Dawson Hawkins in Archery Recurve
• 12-14 age division: 2nd place team in Archery Recurve
• 1st place team in Air Pistol
• 9-11 age division: 2nd place team in Archery Recurve
• 3rd place team in Archery Compound Barebow
• 3rd place individual won by Kenzie Naive in Archery Recurve
Sunday’s event included Shotgun Trap held at Central Kentucky Wildlife Management Area in Berea, KY. For the first time in Spencer County 4-H Shooting Sports history, a team in each age division competed.
Spencer County brought home the following:
• 15-18 age group Division 2 (100 targets): 1st place Team in KY
• 12-14 age group Division1 (50 targets): 1st place Team in KY
• 12-14 age group Division 1 (50 targets): 3rd place Individual in KY to Aubrey Chesser
— Submitted to The Spencer Magnet