The Bears’ and Lady Bears’ Tennis seasons started with a home match on March 7 against North Bullitt, with both teams winning.
In tennis, the girls and boys both each have to play their opponent in three singles matches, and two doubles matches.
At the home opener, the Bears and Lady Bears both beat North Bullitt in all five matches played. North Bullitt has a new coach with a young team.
“All of my young and unexperienced players were given the opportunity to play against North Bullitt, and they did amazing. I am proud of each one of them, and they each won their match,” said head coach Julie Combs.
The Bears team, coached by Combs and assistant coaches Trevor Brown and Jay Combs consists of:
• Senior Ethan Adams
• Senior Brody Phillips
• Senior Canyon Revers
• Senior Conner Sheble
• Senior Nathan Wimsatt
• Junior Evan Coffey
• Sophomore Jackson Combs
• Freshman Jackson Brown
• Freshman Maxwell Greene
• Freshman Davin Cornell
• Freshman Keeton Jones
• Freshman Brody Phelps
• Freshman Ryan Tobbe
The Lady Bears teams, coached by Combs and assistant coaches Jessica Mitchell and Vonda Martin, consists of:
• Junior Brynnen Martin
• Junior Elizabeth Penrod
• Sophomore Lilly Hodgens
• Sophomore Ava Klaus
• Sophomore Marina Revers
• Sophomore Emily Tupis
• Freshman Emily Penrod
• Junior Jillian Greenleaf
• Freshman Shelby McKenna
• Freshman Ayse Sahingoz
• Seventh-grader Amelia Baird
Both boys and girls played at Eastern High School on March 9, and at home on March 13 vs. Eminence, and the boys played on March 14 at home vs. Shelby County.
The girls will play on Thursday at home vs. Shelby County.
The remaining schedule is as follows:
• Monday, March 20 at Clear Creek Park vs. Collins (boys and girls)
• Tuesday, March 21 at home vs. Bullitt East (boys)
• Thursday, March 23 at Falling Springs Rec Center vs. Woodford County (boys and girls)
• Monday, March 27 at home vs. Henry County (boys and girls)
• Tuesday, March 28 at home vs. Marion County (boys and girls)
• Tuesday, April 11 at Shelby County (boys and girls)
• Thursday, April 13 at Nelson County (boys and girls)
• Monday, April 17 at Oldham County (boys and girls)
• Tuesday, April 18 at home vs. Anderson County (girls)
• Thursday, April 20 at home vs. J-Town (boys and girls)
• Monday, April 24 vs. Christian Academy (boys and girls)
• Tuesday, April 25 at home vs. Bullitt East (girls)
• Thursday, April 27 at home vs. Anderson County (boys)
• Monday, May 8 at home vs. Bullitt Central (boys Senior Night)
• Tuesday, May 9 vs. Bullitt Central (girls)